This dish is a beautiful blend of Italian born bow-tie pasta with the sourness of lemon zest, sweetness of sugar, the wildness of ginger, flavor of chicken, ending with freshness of parsley. Simple recipe with no cheese and sauce but with a promising balance, which can be made time independent is a must try!
- olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- lemon zest -from 1 medium sized lemon
- ginger -grated, 1.5 teaspoons
- sugar -1 teaspoon
- chicken stock -250 ml
- farfalle -250g, uncooked
- salted butter -4 tbsp
- chicken -225 grams, skinless breast, diced
- onion – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- red pepper – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- parsley -as per requirement
- In a heavy based saucepan, heat olive oil. Add lemon zest and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in the ginger and sugar, season with salt and stir constantly for another 2 minutes.
- Now pour the chicken stock and bring to boil, reduce it to half the volume.
- Meanwhile, heat up another heavy pan with lot of water and salt, when it starts to boil, add the farfalle and cook al dente.
- In another pan, melt half the butter, add chicken and onion, cook it till the chicken is golden brown. Now add the stock mixture, cook for another 2 minutes, adding some parsley as well.
- Now, drain the pasta and transfer it to another bowl, adding butter to it. Toss it well. Now pour the stock sauce over it, decorate it with some parsley and serve it hot!