Very first recipe using brown rice, contrasting flavor and taste compared with the normal white rice, but nutritious in may ways.Brown rice is quite chewy with a nutty flavor, so everyone is going to hate it if it is cooked with water. Addition of bouillon of some sorts might make it less boring. I have tried here a very basic rice recipe with available ingredients and to mask the rice taste, used lots of ginger and garlic. Add your favorite protein and batch of vegetables. For one cup of brown rice, add around 2.5 cups of water/stock and cook for around 50 minutes. Also, you can replace the brown rice with white rice!
- cooked brown rice – 2 cups
- olive oil – some
- ginger and garlic chopped – 2 tablespoons each
- vegetables(i used mushroom carrots, peas, baby corn and peppers) -1.5 cups approx
- soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- sweet chilly sauce -1/5 tablespoon
- prawns – half cup
- 3 eggwhites
- Cook brown rice with instructions above preferably in a large pot.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, add the ginger and garlic, caramelize them till you get an intense aroma.
- Add the protein, saute till its cooked.
- Add the vegetables according to your order, mine was baby corn, mushroom, peppers, peas and carrots since i want the carrot crisp while eating.
- Once combined with the protein and ginger garlic, add salt, some soy sauce, chilly sauce, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Add the cooked brown rice, scramble the egg whites in another pan, mix it at the end. Add your favorite herb if required.
- Serve hot!