I always mess up while cutting the cake into perfect bar pieces, so I made one in a small mould and here it is! The name itself is self explanatory, except the point that there is no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe. Grab yourself some ice cream, a good batch of brownies and enjoy. Since I ran out of flour, I replaced it with wheat flour, which luckily turned out normal and taste similar to all purpose flour and hence the name.
- Flour – 3/4th cup
- eggs – 3 medium sized
- vanilla extract – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Dutch processed cocoa powder – 1/4th cup+1 tablespoon
- melted butter – 1/2 cup/110 grams approx
- granulated sugar – 3/4th cup+ 2 tablespoon
- salt – 1/4th teaspoon
- chopped walnuts – your choice
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- In a clean bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, sugar, cocoa and salt. Try not to get lumps, as I started with a wooden spoon and got good amount of lumps, then I used wire whisk to get rid of them.
- Add flour 2 tablespoons at a time and mix well, repeating until 3/4th cup is mixed well
- Finally, mix in the melted butter and chopped nuts, if you are adding them.
- Line your baking tray with parchment and pour the thick batter, bake them for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut them to beautiful squares, since I failed at that, I baked in individual cups and won. Serve with your icecream, what I used here is creme brulee icecream, storebrought.