Bolognese! Pretty sure that the enticing art of meat, passata, a few vegetables and wine gonna fill your head! What happens if there’s mushroom in the recipe? Double the bang! This is one of my treasured recipes penned by Linda Fraser, complete vegetarian recipe with no wine but, a gorgeously palatable main course for dinner! With a precise list of ingredients and some fresh spaghetti, run to your kitchen and get yourself an Italian dinner!
- button mushrooms – 450 grams, quartered
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
- onion -1 medium, chopped
- garlic – 4 cloves, crushed
- tomato purée – 1 tablespoon
- can chopped tomatoes -400g
- oregano/mixed herbs – 3 tablespoons
- spaghetti -450 grams
- salt and pepper
- parmesan shavings, to serve
- Heat a large pan, add the oil. Throw the onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook it again over a medium-high flame stirring constantly for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of oregano. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, in a large pan of salted water, cook the spaghetti until its tender. Drain, run it through cold water and set aside.
- Now, remove the mushroom mix pan from the flame, seasoning it with salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the spaghetti, tossing well.
- Serve along with some parmesan shavings and 2 tablespoon of oregano.