If you are up for a lousy and sluggish day to do anything but hungry, this is something to hook up on since mine was the same. This is also a handy way to use up the unconsumed and unused vegetables/meat/eggs, which you will probably sit there thinking how to finish them off! Edit the recipe yourself by adding your choice of sauces (homemade/storebought),protein and herbs. I open the fridge every single time, picks whatever thing is left there, chop it and throw onto it. You can even get a 30 minute nap-time before this gets ready! So I added the vegetables, eggs, mixed everything, placed it in the oven, put timer, took a nap, woke up, ate and again went back to bed. Try this and experience the same!
- medium sized eggs – 2
- onion, chopped – 1/2 medium
- mushroom quartered – 100 grams
- peppers – 1 small
- garlic chopped – 2 teaspoons
- ginger chopped – 1 teaspoon
- spring onion, oregano, herbs of your choice – as required
- sauce of your choice(i added Thai chilli garlic) -1 tablespoon
- olive/vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, add the oil, when heated, add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Then add the mushrooms, stir fry till it gets browned on the sides.
- Now add the onions and peppers and other vegetables you chose, stir fry until at least half done, add some salt.
- In the meanwhile, take a clean dry bowl and break open 2 eggs, add some salt and whisk until its all uniform. Add crushed pepper if necessary
- Brush your ramekin with some oil or spray cooking butter. Pour the egg mixture till half of the dish. Add the sautéed vegetables and mix it gently, until its 3/4 the dish. Repeat for the other ramekins.
- Sprinkle good amount of herbs and spring onions on top, bake them for 30 minutes or until its crisp on top. The cake testing trick works here as well! Flip them out of the ramekins carefully.
- Add extra herbs if required and consume it warm.