Well, this ain’t as red as it looks like. Some available red colored vegetables are a part of the ingredient list and hence the name. This one is not really spicy, only flavor is the presence of ginger, garlic and some peppers and of course some scallion which sums up this lunch recipe. This one here is also a better way to use the surplus rice. Spruce up the recipe yourself by adding some mushroom, tofu, some scrambled eggs or may be chicken as well!
- Washed uncooked rice – 1.5 cup
- red peppers – 1 or 2 chopped
- fresh red tomatoes – 2 chopped
- ginger and garlic chopped – 1 tablespoon each
- red chilly sauce/flakes – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- olive/garlic oil -2 tablespoon
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- scallions – a bunch chopped length wise
- salt and pepper – according to taste
- 2 eggs – beaten
- If you are using uncooked rice, cook them along with ginger garlic, a bit salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a pan, sprinkle some oil and for the ones using cooked rice, add the ginger and garlic here first. For others, add the chopped onion and let it turn pink,
- Add the red peppers and saute for around 2 minutes, followed by the tomatoes, saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Now, add the red chilly sauce and stir the pan well, not letting it stick to the bottom. Add the chopped scallions and add the rice.
- Incorporate the rice thoroughly. Scramble eggs in another pan and add it to the rice. Serve hot.