This is a simple quick fix containing vegetables from fridge and some left over cottage cheese/paneer, better way of putting it, clearing the chiller. The spiced part is applicable only for the cheese, the main add-ons along with the vegetables contain only some chilly sauce which is mildly spiced and for a crisp I added a handful of cashews. The end product will be semi dry, with juicy cottage cheese and perfectly done vegetables with mild flavor of ginger garlic and chilly and a sweet tinge of honey. This recipe is good to go with any rice or plain noodles.
- fresh cottage cheese cubed – 200 grams
- cauliflower florets, semi cooked – 1/2 of one flower
- carrot, sliced length wise – 1
- red and yellow peppers sliced length wise – 1/2 each
- thin beans halved – 10 -20
- scallions – a bunch
- garlic cloves – 5 to 6 chopped finely
- green chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- red chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- cashews or pine nuts – 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper – according to requirement
- olive oil -2 to 3 tablespoons
for the marinade:
- red chilly powder/paprika – 1 tablespoon
- ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- pepper – 1 teaspoon
- ground ginger – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- mix the marinade and rub it over the cubed cottage cheese, keep them covered for around 20 minutes.
- In a pan, add some oil and fry the cheese for around 3 to 4 minutes, along with turning them occasionally over a medium flame.
- Wipe the pan clean and add remaining oil. Cook the garlic and scallions for around 2 minutes.
- Now add the peppers, saute them, followed by carrots and cauliflower and beans, toss them for around 6 minutes so that it gets completely cooked.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste, followed by cottage cheese.
- Pour the sauces mentioned above and toss them well, for around two minutes, don’t let them stick to the pan.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice and honey, heat through and turn off the flame immediately.
- Want to add more flavor? Add mushrooms, replace cottage cheese with tofu, replace normal oil with garlic oil and use lots of seasoning.