This is something I did out of frustration, irritation and feeling stupid for preparing nothing for the next day’s exam. I know that’s ridiculous, but it turned out to be good. This has mostly null extra work to do,there is no need to make some pasta sauce of your own,puree some tomatoes, basically nothing high profile 😛 . Just some tearing the protein, some chopping the onions and some peppers and then you’re done. Vegetarians can replace chicken with either cottage cheese or tofu! This recipe is devoted to all the lazy asses, including me!
- Fusilli or any other pasta -250 grams
- water – lots of it
- red chilli flakes – 2 tablespoons
- boneless chicken cut into bite sized pieces – 200 grams
- green pepper/capsicum –
- garlic – 7 cloves
- ginger – 1 inch, grated
- chilli vinegar – 1 and half teaspoons
- dark soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- light soy sauce -1/2 tablespoon
- cilantro – to garnish
- onion – 1 small, chopped
- In a large heavy bottomed vessel, boil lots of water, along with good amount of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Throw the pasta in and cook till al dente. Drain them and run them through cold water.
- In a pan, heat around 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add chopped garlic and ginger to it. Before it turns brown, add the chicken to it,along with red chilli flakes and sear for around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now, sprinkle some salt over the chicken and add the chopped onions. Once they turn pink, add the capsicum to it, saute them well.
- Add the pasta and incorporate them well with the chilli flakes and capsicum. Now, add the vinegar, light and dark soy sauce to it, mix it well. Do not over heat and burn the mixture. Test the salt and heat. If required add chilli flakes and if u want some flavor, add powdered chicken cubes to it.
- Turn the heat off, mix some fresh cilantro and eat it hot.