Well, this is another chunk from my bake-sale for college. Just as the name, triple chocolate, I have agglutinated dark chocolate,white chocolate in a very generous amount followed by cocoa powder. With the replacement of butter with pure vegetable oil, the texture of this baby is moist and light! So for folks who drool over chocolate, this is a must eat. To make it tad bit sticky and fun, I topped it with caramel syrup and its just angelic! Check it out!
- Self raising flour – 2.5 cups
- cocoa powder – 1/3rd cup
- dark chocolate – 125g, chopped
- white chocolate chips – 2 cups
- castor sugar – 3/4th cup
- warm milk – 1 and 1/4 cup
- vegetable/any flavorless cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- 1 large egg – lightly beaten
- mixed nuts -coarsely crushed(optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160/170 degree celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, dark and white chocolate by mixing with a wooden spoon/spatula.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk, oil, egg and vanilla essence. Use the spatula/spoon to combine them together to form a thick batter and lump free.
- If you want a loose consistency, add half quantity water and half quantity milk. Add the coarsely crushed nuts to the mixture.
- Line your muffin tray with paper cases. Spoon in your mixture, 1/3rd of the case.
- Bake them in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick to insert the cake and stop baking until it comes out clean.
Well, to make it more moist and sticky, I added Hershey’s Caramel Topping, 3 times after each batch has completely absorbed it. Don’t soak it completely, it will surely ruin the muffin. Enjoy!!