This healthy and soulful bowl of soup and the recipe was carved by Curtis Stone, an AMAZING chef mostly seen in Top Chef, masterchef series. I didn’t make any change to it, and it just tastes delicious and good for tummy and yes, its a filling meal. Check it out!
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
- onion – 1 medium size, diced
- garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
- leek -1, only white and green parts
- carrot -3 peeled and diced
- celery – 2 stalks, cleaned and diced
- salt and pepper- to taste
- chicken stock/broth – 8 cups (i made the broth using maggi stock cubes)
- wide egg noodles – 1 cup
- chicken breast – 2, cut into bite sized pieces
- parsley – 3 tablespoon
- eggs – 2 large
- thyme – 1 large sprig ( i used 1 tsp dried thyme)
- In a large pot, heat up olive oil and throw the garlic and onions and saute until soft and NOT brown.
- Add the diced leeks, celery and carrot and thyme. Saute them and add a dash of salt, until soft for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to boil. Add the noodles as well, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and simmer it to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the parsley and take off the thyme stem.
- Lightly beat the eggs with salt and add to the soup and stir it slowly, until it forms streaks in the soup.
Take off the stove and serve them hot. Do taste for salt and pepper levels.