Well, I did my first bake-sale for the college arts fest very recently and it was startlingly successful. I baked 100 cupcakes and the whole place was washed out in two hours and yes they were sold out…My 2 best friends helped me out with money and crowd and it was a very picturesque experience for a first timer. I baked 4 range of cupcakes and I would love to acquaint one of them here. I literally had no clue about what topping I should do after baking this, that too at 1 am! All I had was a jar of nutella and other cake raw materials. Here is what I did!!
- Butter – 125 grams
- white chocolate – 150 grams grated
- castor sugar – 1 cup
- milk – 1/2 a cup
- egg -1 beaten lightly
- all purpose flour – 1 and 1/4 cup
- baking powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- coarsely crushed mixed nuts – 1/2 cup (optional)
and for the NUTELLA TOPPING, i exactly don’t remember how much I took for total, well the proportion is
- nutella – 2 tablespoon
- icing sugar – 1 and half teaspoon
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine butter milk, grated white chocolate and castor sugar until a smooth mixture is obtained in low heat. Set it aside to cool down.
- In the meanwhile sift the flour and baking powder two to 3 times, beat the egg with vanilla essence lightly.
- In the liquid mixture already made, add the flour mixture and egg step by step and combine it uniformly.
- Line your muffin tray with liners and fill them 1/3rd with the mixture and bake them for approximately 30 minutes and test the cake with a toothpick or a tester to check if it comes out clean. Turn them onto a wire rack to cool down for almost an hour.
- For the topping, combine nutella and icing sugar and spread them evenly on the cooled cake..To give it a more divine and alluring look, add colored sprinkles on top and voila!
Enjoy your make!!