Hello, this is my very first post in this blog, featuring an effortless Italian staple, using pasta, some fresh vegetables and store bought sauce. Check it out.
- Pasta(i used penne) – pick your own quantity according to the requirement
- tomato – 2 chopped
- colored peppers diced to small pieces – 1/4 cup
- mushroom cleaned and sliced – 100 gms
- onion chopped – 1 small
- fresh cilantro – a handfull
- grated garlic – 2 tsp
- oregano (i used dried) and Italian seasoning
- red chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- store-bought pasta sauce( any flavor and brand, i used cremica) – 3 tablespoon
- olive oil(not extra virgin) – 1 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- In a vessel, cook your pasta to al dente (80 percent cooked), using lot of water and salt. Normally it’s said to cook pasta in water that tastes like sea water.
- Once completed, drain the excess water and run it through cold water to thwart sticking with each other. Leave it aside.
- In a saute pan, add some oil and when it gets hot enough, throw the mushroom. Do not add extra oil coz mushroom takes up the oil while cooking and releases it when done.
- Add onions, followed by garlic. Once it turns pink, add peppers and the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are dark and soft, add the pasta sauce, followed by the oregano, seasoning and chilli flakes. And yes, the kitchen smells good. And don’t forget to add salt
- After a minute, add the pasta and infuse it with the sauce uniformly and let it rest for a minute.
- Turn the stove off, add the cilantro and serve it with grated parmesan.
Enjoy your make!